Sunday, March 9, 2008

A New Job

I'm here on my last shift in my parents internet cafe, i've got a new job now and i'm moving on. A nice bookstore with nice people, better pay. I Also love books, I should be feeling brilliant.

Well, i am feeling good about the whole thing. I've only been working in the internet cafe for about 9 months, yes i've enjoyed the experience and there are some brilliant people here. I will miss it and i feel bad about leaving, i'm sitting here at my PC and it's not very busy today. Every regular that comes and goes, pays at the till and i say ' Seeya' too just.. well it almost pains me. It's not a particularly brilliant job, the pay is good, it's definitely kept me with enough money for the past 9 months. However, i find it claustorophobic and a bit boring. I'm working by myself for five hours and everything that goes wrong here while i'm on shift is my responsibility, i've gotten sick of being undermined by arrogant customers.

So leaving here is perhaps overall a very good thing. I'm moving up and doing something that interests me much more. Then why do i feel this pang of guilt?

No comments: